I know what you’re thinking: “She has a blog?” Well, not really. This is more an intention than a practice. But it’s a good place to post my Guidelines for TwitterFightClub 2012. ‘Cuz I’m a prof, and well, it’s just not fair to grade someone without letting them know your standards.
So here they are:
- Victory = Quality (Significance + Insight + Originality). Elegance and Humor come next. Don’t bother grading my tweets by this scale; I invert on purpose.
- No veteran’s preference here. I love my constitution and I love those who bust their asses to support and defend it. Your service earns you a beer, not my vote. (I get all moto on twitter, so not dissing the folks who wear PJs to work, just reassuring those who don’t).
- Ditto on political orientation. I don’t care if you’re conservative or liberal. I’m both. Just be smart.
- If you must pander, pander to the Great State of Texas. You’re battling for excellence in national security. It makes total sense to pay homage to the land that gave us LBJ and George Bush, Jr. I think you know what I’m driving at.
- You have my promise that I will not let past, current, or fantasized future relationships color my judging. This is national security we’re talking about, dammit. Personal shit stays in the hall.
- Finally, stick the dismount. Seriously, when is that bad advice?